Michigan Expats - News - See All News
|"Cavalry, American Officers, 1921" by Chris LaPorte, 2010 Art Prize 1st Place Winner|
It is still a remarkable event and tremendous economic and public relations boost for the city of Grand Rapids and West Michigan drawing visitors, artists, and media coverage from around the world. More importantly, it has introduce thousands of individuals, especially children, to the wonders of art through a variety of mediums. Yes, some improvements can be made, but that is to be expected from this type of event as it continues to grow and mature.
Enjoy these final Art Prize links and please share your feedback and thoughts about Art Prize.
- Chris LaPorte's "Cavalry, American Officers, 1921" (above), took home the top prize and $250,000 at last night's award ceremony in downtown Grand Rapids.
- You can watch the reactions from most of the top ten winners on MLive.com.
- By almost all measures, Art Prize was a great success again this year, but Troy Reimink of the Grand Rapids Press has put together his Top Ten Ideas for Improving Art Prize.
- See who won the expert jury awards at Art Prize this year.
- Check out the Michigan Expats 2009 and 2010 Art Prize photo galleries